Re: git copies of cvs modules available

At Fri, 13 Nov 2009 10:57:20 +0900, Curt Sampson <cjs%netbsd.org@localhost>
wrote:
Subject: Re: git copies of cvs modules available

> My point was, in terms of dealing with branches, the distance between
> CVS and Subversion is significantly greater than that between Subversion
> and Git. Git offers more convenience in merging (at the expense of a
> rather steeper learning curve), though Subversion has recently added
> some merge tracking features that fix the worst of the merge issues.

This is just a quick off-the cuff question I have about SVN that's
slightly related to this thread.

Do the newer merge tracking features for SVN you mention solve some/all
of the issues raised in this post from 2006?

http://changelog.complete.org/archives/528-whose-distributed-vcs-is-the-most-distributed

Some of the comments made to this post are quite interesting too.

--
                                                Greg A. Woods
                                                Planix, Inc.

<woods%planix.com@localhost>       +1 416 218 0099        http://www.planix.com/