Re: Source-based routing (sometimes)

        Hello.  Unless I'm mistaken about what it is that you're doing, this
setup sounds similar to one I have at my office.  I have a nat such that
anything going out to the general Internet goes through the nat, using pf,
and anything going across my tunnel goes through the tunnel interface
without natting.  If you nat all packets that go through the external
interface, it seems like you wouldn't run into the problem you describe.
The tunneled packets have the correct source address because they're
encapsulated by your nat box.  Packets which don't go through your tunnel
get natted, and so by definition have the correct address.  I do this
without source routing at all.  The trick, I suspect, is to insure that you
never engage in assymetric routing such that you try to source packets from
addresses that would be inside the tunnel and expect to send them out
through your local connection and have return traffic come back through the
tunnel.

Hope this helps.
-Brian