Re: sun2 and playstation2 ports to be moved into Attic

On Thu, Nov 12, 2009 at 09:11:50PM -0800, John Nemeth wrote:
> Maybe a small internal mail server.  If it has direct connectivity to
> the Internet, the spammers will kill it.  These days, any mail server
> facing the Internet, must be able to handle a fairly large load, have
> anti-spam, and anti-virus.  This stuff all takes processing power.

I have a 2x50MHz sparc 20 as mail server, performing filtering with
bogofilter and spamassassin and keeping up with my few user's emails.
it will win no speed records, but it does not fall behind, even after
multiple day outages.

if I wasn't running spamassassin, I bet my slowest decstation (12.5MHz
2100) could handle my bogofilter load...

--
  Aaron J. Grier | "Not your ordinary poofy goof." |
agrier%poofygoof.com@localhost