Re: ZFS

Le 8 nov. 2009 à 22:08, Steven Bellovin a écrit :

There's a lot more I won't go into, like the "doctine of equivalents". The net, though, is to the extent that the patent is valid in jurisdictions of interest, you can't evade it by changing code; you probably have to change functionality.

Ok. You are probably right, my knowledge of patent limits itself to the French root of the word (in French, patente means licen[cs]e) ! :)

I was just wondering if, given the current environment, it was really worth carrying on work on ZFS rather than waiting for the whole affair to subside.

Cheers
Vincent