Re: ZFS

On Sun 08 Nov 2009 at 08:29:14 -0500, matthew sporleder wrote:
> My guess is that if you were Wasabi Systems shipping NetBSD/ZFS-based
> products, then you would be a probable target for a cease and desist
> order pending a licensing agreement with NetApp (of course, that's
> certainly not a specific problem anymore).  However, I think the worst
> case for NetBSD would be a requirement to remove any sun-sourced,
> infringing code.

Given this:
http://mail.opensolaris.org/pipermail/zfs-discuss/2009-October/033134.html
it sounds like there is no such thing. Besides, software patents are not
allowed anyway.

-Olaf.
--
___ Olaf 'Rhialto' Seibert    -- You author it, and I'll reader it.
\X/ rhialto/at/xs4all.nl      -- Cetero censeo "authored" delendum esse.