Re: ZFS

On Sun 08 Nov 2009 at 14:35:21 +0100, Rhialto wrote:
> http://mail.opensolaris.org/pipermail/zfs-discuss/2009-October/033134.html

You can find the mentioned work by googling for "diplomarbeit joerg
schilling"; the main reference is at
http://cdrecord.berlios.de/private/index.html . It is in German.
I haven't read it yet but given that this thesis is about a file system
on WORM devices, and as far as I understand, the "new thing" by NetApp
is all about not overwriting old data, this sounds quite similar on its
face.

-Olaf.
--
___ Olaf 'Rhialto' Seibert    -- You author it, and I'll reader it.
\X/ rhialto/at/xs4all.nl      -- Cetero censeo "authored" delendum esse.