Re: git copies of cvs modules available

S.P.Zeidler wrote:
Dear all,

htdocs, othersrc, pkgsrc, src and xsrc are now available as
(bare) git repository copies at
http://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/misc/repositories/git.
These repositories are currently updated every 30 minutes.

Thanks for that. Git looks handy for those of us that aren't committers.

It keeps crashing my NetBSD/sparc64 5.0.1 box though. I run git from devel/scmgit-base and sooner or later my system hangs or reboots while git is running. It's really weird. I get some messages about running out of vnodes, but increasing the maximum number of vnodes in the kernel by an order of magnitude doesn't seem to help. I don't get crash dumps either. Savecore complains about a "(null)" pointer.

Anyone else seeing this? If not I'll dig a bit deeper and try and come up with enough information for a useful bug report.

Cheers,
Lloyd