Re: git copies of cvs modules available

S.P.Zeidler wrote:
Dear all,

htdocs, othersrc, pkgsrc, src and xsrc are now available as
(bare) git repository copies at
These repositories are currently updated every 30 minutes.

Thanks for that. Git looks handy for those of us that aren't committers.

It keeps crashing my NetBSD/sparc64 5.0.1 box though. I run git from devel/scmgit-base and sooner or later my system hangs or reboots while git is running. It's really weird. I get some messages about running out of vnodes, but increasing the maximum number of vnodes in the kernel by an order of magnitude doesn't seem to help. I don't get crash dumps either. Savecore complains about a "(null)" pointer.

Anyone else seeing this? If not I'll dig a bit deeper and try and come up with enough information for a useful bug report.