Re: Update overwrites /etc/X11/xinit/xinitrc

On Aug 4, 2009, at 1:05 PM, Rhialto wrote:

I just did a full update install, and it overwrote my customised version of /etc/X11/xinit/xinitrc. It didn't try to merge any changes as far as
I could see. Unfortunately the output of etcupdate flashes by rather
quickly so you don't get a chance to see what, if anything, happened
there...

sysinst doesn't run etcupdate at all, but it does foolishly extract xetc blindly, overwriting any existing contents.

I've got a fix for this and some other sysinst upgrade silliness. It'll be in the tree soon.