Re: threaded programs report bogus process size ?

Hello,

christos%astron.com@localhost (Christos Zoulas) wrote:
> >Patch is wrong.  Apart from unnecessary re-lock in the loop and lock leak
> >after - consider the case when 'first_thread' after re-insertion into the
> >queue gets taken out by other pthread_create().  Infinite loop.
>
> Here's a simpler one.

Looking from tail is not good for cache, I think PTQ_FIRST() should be
attempted first.  Otherwise, loop looks OK to me.

Though _lwp_kill() with lock held might have small effect to concurrency,
but it's very unlikely case, especially if do unlocked check for PTQ_FIRST().

--
Mindaugas