Re: pkgsrc and openssl on NetBSD current

christos%astron.com@localhost said:
> If the OpenSSL people decide to fix the namespace issues, we are going
> to update to the version with the fixed namespace issue. If the issue
> is an API change, we are going to fix the API change in the package
> unless again the OpenSSL people decide to revert the change.

OpenSSL is at 1.0.0beta3 so it is unlikely that they change the API
in their stable branch that late.
What we have in -current is a post-branch development snapshot.
While there are not many API differences yet we'd imho be better off
following 1.0 because 3rd party packages will support that eventually.

best regards
Matthias

Forschungszentrum Juelich GmbH
52425 Juelich
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Juelich
Dr. Ulrich Krafft (stellv. Vorsitzender), Prof. Dr.-Ing. Harald Bolt,
Prof. Dr. Sebastian M. Schmidt