Re: kqueue(2) problems - CUPS does not work

Hello Matthias !

See kern/41593: descriptor handling broken.

Symptoms
   close(0)-> -1, EBADF
   dup(16) -> 23 (why? - 0 should be available)

In the cupy case fd 0 reacts with EBADF on the read from perl when reading the file to be printed from stdin.

The problem start to appear with the fd optimization around 2006-05-24.

Additional information the fd_getfile() in sys_close() and sys_read() return NULL (via breakpoints in kernel debugger).

So far I had now responses to my emails about this to source-changes-d@.

Best regards,
 Frank

Matthias Drochner wrote:
Hi -

is anyone seeing this too?
On -current, CUPS (from pkgsrc) does not work:
If I try to print anything, the job stays in "processing"
state forever. Also, the web interface behaves weird --
I can't add a new printer.
If I tweak the cups build so that HAVE_KQUEUE does not
get defined, everything is well.
The kqueue related regress/ATF tests don't show
any problems.

best regards
Matthias

Forschungszentrum Juelich GmbH
52425 Juelich
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Juelich
Dr. Ulrich Krafft (stellv. Vorsitzender), Prof. Dr. Harald Bolt,
Prof. Dr. Sebastian M. Schmidt