Re: Transmission broken with -current?

On Sun, Jun 14, 2009 at 09:54:20AM -0700, Scott Ellis wrote:
> I upgraded from a May 2nd amd64/-current to one as of June 14th, and am
> experiencing weird breakage with "Transmission".  When an RPC is used
> (e.g., transmission-remote against transmission-daemon) I get a bus
> error.  Backtrace shows:
[and includes several libevent functions]

I saw a nasty problem on amd64 -current a few weeks ago in which a
libevent application was getting a different number of entries back
from kevent than it asked for, with the extra entries being NULL.

I wasn't 100% sure whether this was a compat32 emulation problem (my
executable was a 32-bit -current executable run in a chroot with 32-bit
libraries) or a -current kernel problem with kevent/kqueue but it really
looked more like the latter.  I have just not had time to chase this
further.

If you force libevent to use select() or poll() does your problem go
away?  You can do so by setting an environment variable, I think.

Thor