Re: Very bad interactive response, and awful amount of system time

On Sun, 7 Jun 2009 01:48:26 +0200
Rhialto <> wrote:

> Earlier, I updated and rebuilt my laptop, and there I also didn't notice
> any problem. A difference is that I was building over NFS, which would
> delay I/O and therefore affect scheduling.

Although I use NFS a lot, and update sources using cvs from a local
cvsup mirror over NFS, I didn't build code over NFS.

I could test the proposed diff, and interactive performance of a +2
reniced process is now better with a process stuck in an endless loop
with normal priority.  Interestingly, system time is also lower, which
surprises me a little, but if this depends on runtime I'll see with