Re: USB troubles with SB600/SB700 chipsets

    Christoph> Hi, a new version of this patch. It mainly avoids a lot
    Christoph> of code duplication. The orders how test it still
    Christoph> apply.

Your second patch and my 'PCI_REVISION(pa->pa_id)' case 0x02 extension
yield at least a working kernel again which shows

  amdehci0 at pci0 dev 18 function 2: ATI Technologies SB700/SB800 USB EHCI
Controller (rev. 0x00)
  amdehci0: interrupting at ioapic0 pin 17
  amdehci0: dropped intr workaround enabled
  amdehci0: applying AMD SB600/SB700 USB freeze workaround
  amdehci0: EHCI version 1.0
  amdehci0: companion controllers, 3 ports each: ohci0 ohci1

, but does not change/solve any of my PR 40056's mentioned problems.

    Christoph> Can you show me the dmesg lines of your SMBus Controller, please
?

Sure:

  /sbin/dmesg | grep -i smb
  piixpm0: ATI Technologies SB600/SB700/SB800 SMBus Controller (rev. 0x3a)

Hmm, shouldn't that be the '0x3a' in the switch-case's?

Markus.