Re: Welcome 5.0

> On 5/10/09, Liam J. Foy <liamjfoy%googlemail.com@localhost> wrote:
 >> Manuel Bouyer wrote:

 >> ssh (soon as my new connection is enabled - which is tomorrow). Its 64bit
 >> 4GB, 3.2 GHZ with a pretty fast disk. It'll be connected via 10mb line.
 >> > >

 >> > this is more or less what I have actually (exept it's multicore so
 >> > I can start several builds in parallel)
 >> >

 >>  Well, people who have time to 'take care' of builds might not have good
 >> hardware :)
 >>

> Would a network of people allowing distcc runs be desirable for pkgsrc
> bulk builds?

Just for your information. Latest versions of wip/distbb allows running
bulk builds over unreliable network, e.g. internet. DistBB is now
fault-tolerant. In case of connection loss to build host(s) (reboot,
hang up, crash etc.) DistBB will reassign failed task(s) to another
build hosts when they become available. More over, DistBB periodically
tries to restore connection to previously failed build hosts, as a
result you can freely reboot build hosts (not all simultaneously :-) ).
This feature is optional.

--
Best regards, Aleksey Cheusov.