Re: Welcome 5.0

Manuel Bouyer wrote:
On Fri, May 08, 2009 at 06:40:23PM +0100, David Brownlee wrote:
Will the packages be rebuilt using 5.0 Release?
Not before 2009Q2. There's no much point rebuilding existing packages.
For the fastest ports (i386 & amd64) it may be worth a rebuild, just to get rid of the warnings when a binary package is installed...

The build takes more than a week on modern x86 systems (with a lot of
babysitting because of handing processes in some packages build) ...
There will be no binary package update during this time, which isn't

I have a decent machine which I can offer to build 24/7 and can offer ssh (soon as my new connection is enabled - which is tomorrow). Its 64bit 4GB, 3.2 GHZ with a pretty fast disk. It'll be connected via 10mb line.

If pkgsrc developers wish to make any use they can (just email me and we'll sort things out).

Liam J. Foy
NetBSD Developer <>