[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index][Old Index]
Re: HEADS UP: dhcpcd-5 imported into -current
Thank you Roy, this is very useful.
On Tue, Apr 28, 2009 at 6:42 PM, Roy Marples <roy%marples.name@localhost>
This is a heads up that dhcpcd-5 has now been imported into -current.
I've run a full distribution build and install without any issues so hopefully nothing broken :)
Here's a list of the major changes from dhcpcd-4
* Single daemon can now run DHCP on multiple interfaces at the same time
* Configuration profiles per interface, ssid, arping and fallback
* Listens to 3rd party programs changing routing information
* Supports DHCP INFORM over PPP
* Can configure static options for destination address
* Control socket so 3rd party program can control or listen directly
to dhcpcd events
* Is also a BOOTP client
There's now an rc.d script for it which is now recommended over ifconfig_bge0=dhcp in /etc/rc.conf
Any dhcpcd-gtk users will need to upgrade to dhcpcd-gtk-0.4.0 as there was a last minute variable rename due to a recent rc.subr change looking for the flags environment variable.
Francisco Valladolid H.
-- http://bsdguy.net - Jesus Christ follower.
Main Index |
Thread Index |