Re: Call for testing: Attansic L1E

On Mon, 20 Apr 2009, Kevin Lahey wrote:
On Mon, 20 Apr 2009 11:57:23 +0100 (BST)
Stephen Borrill <netbsd%precedence.co.uk@localhost> wrote:

It's _almost_ working for me, but I'm having problems with it
negotiating correct media type.

Plugged into a 10/100 port, I get status active, but unless I
configure 10baseT media, no traffic is sent/received (it negotiates
100baseTX with autoselect). Plugged into a 10/100/1000 port, I get no
carrier when set to autoselect or 1000baseT, but it works when
hardwired to 10baseT or 100baseTX.

This is all with ukphy.

Hmmm.  I'm using atphy;  it seems to do okay at 100baseTX and
1000baseTX (Auto-MDIX, not through a switch).  It was relatively
straightforward to grab it from -current (I'm running 5.0rc3, more or
less), although I had to pull in a few extra files.

Works pretty well now that I've added atphy. Doesn't seem to like 1000BaseT from my switch though, but that's not a showstopper at the moment.

Thanks!

--
Stephen