Re: status for Marvell Orion support

Hi! Havard,

From: Havard Eidnes <he%NetBSD.org@localhost>
Date: Thu, 05 Mar 2009 01:13:11 +0100 (CET)

> > I put current source and diff.
> >
> > ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/misc/kiyohara/orion_nas/orion_nas-20081107.diff
> > ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/misc/kiyohara/orion_nas/orion_nas-20081107.tar.gz

> I applied this to a local netbsd-5 source tree, and built it.

Oh! good.

> However, I also think I need to add an entry to the TARGETS
> variable setting in distrib/evbarm/gzboot/gzimg/Makefile, and I
> can't quite figure out what to put in the RELOC_ADDR field, as
> there doesn't seem to be any correspondence between RELOC_ADDR
> and the setting of KERNEL_BASE_EXT in the kernel configs.  Any
> hints for where to dig out the relevant RELOC_ADDR setting?

hmm...
I don't use gzimg.  I put sys/arch/evbarm/compile/u-boot-mkimg.sh from
  ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/misc/kiyohara/tmp/u-boot-mkimg.sh-20080821

Also see sys/arch/evbarm/conf/mk.orion_nas.

  SYSTEM_LD_TAIL_EXTRA+=; \
                        echo ${MKIMG} -e 0x00800000 $@ $@.img ; \
                        env OBJDUMP=${OBJDUMP} OBJCOPY=${OBJCOPY} S=${S} \
                            ${MKIMG} -e 0x00800000 $@ $@.img; \
                            echo ${OBJCOPY} -S -O binary $@ $@.bin; \
                            ${OBJCOPY} -S -O binary $@ $@.bin;

By the way, I already ordered SheevaPlug Development Kit.  ;-)

http://www.marvell.com/products/embedded_processors/developer/kirkwood/sheevaplug.jsp

And will obtain Marvell Discovery Invation machine after a few weeks.

I maybe start porting.
Also need reconstruct?  The peripheral drivers move to sys/dev/marvell
from sys/arch/arm/marvell/.  And merge to some drivers of evbppc/EV64260.
(ex. gtpci, gti2c...)

Moreover, I might be able possibly to merge gt of cobalt and gt of
evbmips/MALTA though I am not convinced yet.

  evbparm/ORION_NAS   orion   Orion (almost equal to Discovery Inovation)
  evbppc/EV64260      gt      GT-64260 Discovery
  evbmips/MALTA       gt      GT-64120
  cobalt              gt      GT-64111

Thanks,
--