Re: OpenJDK binaries

In article <>,
Milos Negovanovic  <> wrote:
>On Fri, Feb 27, 2009 at 02:35:30PM -0500, Christos Zoulas wrote:
>> I put copies of the openjdk binaries I've compiled under current for
>> amd64 and i386 on
>> These are experimental (they probably do not pass the java test
>> suite), but they should allow you if you want to easily rebuild
>> them yourself using the openjdk sources and those pre-built binaries.
>> Please report bugs to the netbsd java mailing list!
>> Enjoy,
>> christos
>Is this a package made from wip/openjdk entry? If so: are there any
>special things you have set in your build environment to get this to
>build? Ive been trying to build wip/openjdk on netbsd-5/amd64 for a while
>now without success.

No, from scratch. Here's how:

Procedure to build openjdk

Install the required packages
  * build and install mercurial from pkgsrc
  * build and install nspr from pkgsrc
  * build and install cups from pkgsrc
  * build and install gmake from pkgsrc
  * build and install java1.6 from pkgsrc
  * build and install ant from pkgsrc

Fetch the sources (this will make a bsd-port directory where you are)
  * hg clone
  * hg clone
  * hg clone
  * hg clone
  * hg clone
  * hg clone
  * hg clone

Fetch the plugins (binaries that have not been open sourced yet)
  * mkdir bsd-port/plugs
  * cd bsd-port/plugs
  * ftp\
  * tar -xzf jdk-7-icedtea-plugs-1.6a.tar.gz

fetch the 1.7.0 jdk and put it in /u/christos/jdk1.7.0
make sure you have set/unset the following [adjust for local taste]
  * unlimit
  * unsetenv LD_LIBRARY_PATH
  * unsetenv CLASSPATH
  * unsetenv LD_RUN_PATH
  * setenv TMPDIR /var/tmp
  * setenv ALT_NSPR_HEADERS_PATH /usr/pkg/include/nspr
  * setenv ALT_CUPS_HEADERS_PATH /usr/pkg/include
  * setenv ALT_FREETYPE_HEADERS_PATH /usr/X11R7/include
  * setenv ALT_FREETYPE_LIB_PATH /usr/X11R7/lib
  * setenv ALT_DEVTOOLS_PATH /usr/pkg/bin

The following two should be customized:
  * setenv ALT_BOOTDIR /usr/local/jdk # Get a working java jdk
    binary (the only one that I have is the one that I build myself.
    The linux emulated one keeps core-dumping). Alteratively you can
    put wrappers that ssh to a machine that has working java and nfs
    mounted source and destinations trees in the same path.
  * setenv ALT_BINARY_PLUGS_PATH /u/christos/bsd-port/plugs/jdk-7-icedtea-plugs
  * setenv ALT_JDK_IMPORT_PATH /u/christos/jdk1.7.0

cd bsd-port && gmake
The resulting build should be in build/bsd-<arch>