Re: Attaching through a Cisco IPSec/UDP gateway

On 27/01/2009, at 5:03 AM, Michael van Elst wrote:

tls%rek.tjls.com@localhost (Thor Lancelot Simon) writes:

On Mon, Jan 26, 2009 at 05:39:47AM +0100, Lubomir Sedlacik wrote:
On Fri, Jan 23, 2009 at 12:12:41PM -0600, David Dudley wrote:
My comany uses a Cisco VPN server to limit access to their internal
network. Is there a way I can connect NetBSD through this to access
the internal network?

See net/vpnc in pkgsrc.

That will work, but you shouldn't need it -- the native IPsec does what most Cisco configurations these days will want, with no need to trombone
packets in and out of the kernel as vpnc does.

vpnc also doesn't coexist with the native IPsec.

Is there a HOWTO for this, giving a pre-canned config to make it work with a Cisco head-end?

vpnc, its 4 lines in a .conf and .. it works.

-G