Re: Attaching through a Cisco IPSec/UDP gateway

On Mon, Jan 26, 2009 at 05:39:47AM +0100, Lubomir Sedlacik wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 23, 2009 at 12:12:41PM -0600, David Dudley wrote:
> > My comany uses a Cisco VPN server to limit access to their internal
> > network.  Is there a way I can connect NetBSD through this to access
> > the internal network?
> See net/vpnc in pkgsrc.

That will work, but you shouldn't need it -- the native IPsec does what
most Cisco configurations these days will want, with no need to trombone
packets in and out of the kernel as vpnc does.

Thor Lancelot Simon
    "Even experienced UNIX users occasionally enter rm *.* at the UNIX
     prompt only to realize too late that they have removed the wrong
     segment of the directory structure." - Microsoft WSS whitepaper