Re: i386 and the COMPAT_50 option

        Hello.  Sorry if this is a dumb question, but doesn't this change sort
of imply that if I want to change my compatibility options, I now have to
modify more than just a config file?  I now have to modify Makefiles all
over the system as well as the config file?  that seems like a step
backward, or I'm missing something completely obvious.
-Brian