Re: agp and Intel Q45 chipset.

2009/1/22 Matthias Drochner <>:
> said:
>> agp0: aperture at 0xd0000000, size 0x0
> That's too small.
> So the driver seems to misunderstand the chip.
no. the BIOS should set a field in the graphic card memory space to
report the AGP size. This field is never set and thus the driver
cannot determine the memory size (either 256MB or 512MB) [0]. X don't
care about this.

 - Arnaud

[0]: I might be wrong, but it is the conclusion I reached comparing
the Intel doc and the actual output of PCI register value.