Re: -current's usr.bin/make problems with pkgsrc

On Tue, 13 Jan 2009 18:39:54 +0000
David Laight <> wrote:

> On Tue, Jan 13, 2009 at 07:51:07AM +0000, David Laight wrote:
> > On Mon, Jan 12, 2009 at 03:21:49AM -0800, John Nemeth wrote:
> > >
> > >      pkg_chk -uq is doing bad things.  Here's an example of a
> > > problem
> > (The trailing '\' is escaping the '}' at the end of the variable
> > name!)
> >
> > I will get make to escape it in the :U data later.
> Fixed (hopefully)
I ran 'make show-var VARNAME=PKGNAME' on every package.  35 of them
produced error output with a system built from Sunday's source, very
shortly before Christos suggested that holding off on updating for a
few days might be prudent...  Here's the list -- any chance someone
with an up-to-date system could try them?  (60% of them have no
maintainer, so I hope it's not problems in the packages...)

                --Steve Bellovin,