Re: -current's usr.bin/make problems with pkgsrc

On Mon, Jan 12, 2009 at 03:21:49AM -0800, John Nemeth wrote:

>      pkg_chk -uq is doing bad things.  Here's an example of a problem
> (first cd /usr/pkgsrc/www/epiphany):
>
> P4-3679GHz: {30} make show-var VARNAME=PKGNAME
> make: Unclosed variable specification for
> make: Unclosed variable specification for
> make: Unclosed variable specification for
> make: Unclosed variable specification for
> epiphany-2.24.2.1nb2

Well, the pkgsrc scripts are broken (or the package is)!
The is caused when line 34 of bsd.pkginstall.mk processed the
'user' field of 'ahavi' which contains an embedded "\ ".
That isn't treated specially be the .for code so becomes 2 loops
with the data for the first ending in a '\'.
I don't suppose that _PKG_VARS.pkginstall is expecyed to contain
such crap.

(The trailing '\' is escaping the '}' at the end of the variable name!)

I will get make to escape it in the ;U data later.

        David

--
David Laight: david%l8s.co.uk@localhost