Re: amd64 -current crashs at boot

Apologies for not returning to this sooner. I and my family have been quite
sick over the last week.

On Wed, Dec 24, 2008 at 01:43:37PM +0000, Patrick Welche wrote:

> FSYNC_VFS seems to be used as
>   vp->v_type == VBLK && vp->v_specmountpoint != NULL
> Is there more to it? (eg was it meant to mean "this fs implements vop_fsync"?)
> (ffs_update doesn't know about specnodes, but why should it?)

There is more to it than that. FSYNC_VFS indicates that whole file system
metadata needs flushing. It is passed only when the root vnode for the file
system came from a non-ffs file system (zb tmpfs /dev). If the root vnode is
on an ffs file system, ffs_full_fsync() flushes both the device vnode itself
and metadata associated with the mounted-on file system.

Andrew