Re: Asking for path to modules (was: How do I keep testing current-amd64 witout so much trouble?)

On Fri, 26 Dec 2008, Christos Zoulas wrote:

| What I really don't understand is why the addition of a single printf()
| and a single cngetsn() call very early in life (module_init() is one of
| the earliest things to be called by main()) leaves things in such a
| confused state by the time we get around to calling vfs_mountroot().
|
| I'm going to see if some extra printf()s can help me make some forward
| progress.

Right but perhaps it will tell you where the kernel lock was held from.

Well, if I can figure out how to turn on the tracing features in kern_lock.c that should provide all the where-did-it-happen info. I just need to figure out which of the many 'return false' checks in lockdebug_alloc() is triggering, and then figure out how to make it return true!

|   Paul Goyette   | PGP DSS Key fingerprint: |  E-mail addresses:      |
| Customer Service | FA29 0E3B 35AF E8AE 6651 |  paul at whooppee.com   |
|                  |                          | pgoyette at netbsd.org  |