Re: USB keyboard disconnects after a while

On Sun, Dec 14, 2008 at 11:17:41PM +0200, Cem Kayali wrote:

> I have a keyboard produced by Samsung Co named as Plemoax. It has
> additional USB ports. It disconnects occasionally while using NetBSD
> 4.99.7X, regardless i386 or amd64 one. I havent experienced same problem
> while using ubuntu and opensuse.
>
> Because it happens rarely i just unplugged and replugged and it worked.
> Maybe, your keyboard has also additional usb ports, like this one?

Yes it does. It's uhub7 (see dmesg of original email). I don't see
it happening with another OS, mostly because I only use another OS
when I'm blackmailed to do so (which doesn't happen that often).
Plugging it out and re-in solves the issue.

About the weather induced static (dryer air etc), could well be, then
again I'm not that long running on 5.99.3 and never saw it happening
before IIRC. But the static would explain it well and I think it's been
different time periods it took to drop out of working mode so I'll go
with that for the time being.

Thanks,

-Martin