Re: Using ink printers with NetBSD?

On Tue, 9 Dec 2008 10:32:06 +0000
Wouter Klouwen <dublet%acm.org@localhost> wrote:

> Bernd Ernesti(netbsd%lists.veego.de@localhost) said 2008.12.09 08:10:15 +0000:
> > I'm trying to figure out which new printer can be used with NetBSD
> > and can't find support for the current available ink printers.
>
> If you don't mind using CUPS, check out linuxprinting.org's database.
> So far I've not had any trouble with HP or Brother printers and CUPS.

I have a Brother MFC that I got running on NetBSD, but with a *lot* of
trouble.  There are many linux assumptions and dependencies, plus a
blob that has to execute in linux-only mode.  I got it working, but the
solution is sufficiently fragile that I've never tried copying to my
other machines, let alone putting it into pkgsrc.