Re: SMSC LAN9118 Faimily driver

Hi! nishimura-san and matt,

From: KIYOHARA Takashi <kiyohara%kk.iij4u.or.jp@localhost>
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2008 14:01:12 +0900 (JST)

> From: Matt Thomas <matt%3am-software.com@localhost>
> Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2008 08:13:30 -0800
>
> > On Nov 10, 2008, at 3:43 AM, Toru Nishimura wrote:

> > > I wrote LAN9118 driver a while ago. The code has never been tested
> > > on real HW since the product development project failed to get
> > > materialized.  Although it might not be suitable for your purticular
> > > application, xmit logic outlined there should be useful more-or-less.
>
> From: "Toru Nishimura" <locore64%alkyltechnology.com@localhost>
> Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2008 09:34:02 +0900
>
> >    ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/misc/nisimura/if_sml.c
>

> From: Matt Thomas <matt%3am-software.com@localhost>
> Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2008 08:13:30 -0800
>
> > Cool.  Maybe I can get this working on the imx31!
>
> Can you start to coordinate and test now?
> I will start at weekend.  Shall I wait you?  Or you wait I?

> My plan:
>   * Remove sml_match().  And write board or bus independent match/attach
>     functions.
>   * Change sml_attach() to sml_attach(struct sml_softc *sc, uint8_t *myea).
>
>   * Test on gumstix board (verdex + netwifimicroSD).

I supported LAN9118 Family by 'slan'.  This works by my gumstix with
netwifimicroSD.
I apologize for writing from scratch referring to Nishimura-san's
source.  In addition, this support doesn't support slave DMA.  The
gumstix board might be not able to do DMA correctly.  Also VLAN not
support...

  ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/misc/kiyohara/tmp/lan9118.diff

  And gumstix's "slan at gxio".
    ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/misc/kiyohara/tmp/if_slan_gxio.c

Thanks,
--
kiyohara