Re: Intel GM45 agp support

Hi !

On Sat, Nov 29, 2008 at 2:50 PM, Jean-Yves Moulin <jym%ldh.org@localhost> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have a GM45 integrated grahics. And I can run X without agp support
> (but in 16bits only du to small memory problem). This is Xorg from
> current pkgsrc.

ok, I thought it was a more general problem. In fact, the Intel X
driver was the culprit on my box and it causes X to crash at startup.

> I had the same broken display when returning to console but I resolve
> this with the followings options for the intel Xorg driver:
>
> Option          "DRI"           "Off"
> Option          "SWCursor"      "On"
> Option          "Tiling"        "On"
> Option          "DDC"           "On"
> Option          "XVideo"        "On"
> Option          "PageFlip"      "On"
> Option          "TripleBuffer"  "Off"
> Option          "AccelMethod"   "XAA"
> Option          "XvMC"          "On"
> Option          "MTRR"          "On"

Thanks a lot for the hint, in fact, the broken display is caused by
the `SWCursor' option. Commenting out this line make the problem
appears. I'll finally to be able to have access to DDB !!

> I will try your patch as soon as possible.

You might have some problem/conflicts with the pcidevs part of the
patch. I should update it in the next few days. A bit more
information, here are the associated dmesg(8) lines:

pchb0 at pci0 dev 0 function 0
pchb0: Intel 82GM45 Host Bridge (rev. 0x07)
agp0 at pchb0: detected 32768k stolen memory
agp0: aperture at 0xd0000000, size 0x0

I however still have a `not configured' device:
Intel 82GM45 Integrated Graphics Device (miscellaneous display,
revision 0x07) at pci0 dev 2 function 1 not configured

with Vendor ID/Product ID: 0x8086/0x2a43. I don't know what correspond
to this device.

- Arnaud