Re: pf in GENERIC

Je Wed, 19 Nov 2008 09:41:32 -0500 Dave B <>

>   I don't know the answer to why it's not enabled by default;
> although I seem to recall reading on the lists that there were
> problems, historically at least, with pf's interaction with other
> subsystems--when statically compiled into the kernel.  As an
> lkm(4), however, pf works well.
>   To enable the pf LKM at bootup--without having to recompile the
> kernel--add it to /etc/lkm.conf, e.g.:
>     /usr/lkm/pf.o - - - - -
> and ensure LKMs are enabled in /etc/rc.conf:
>     lkm=YES

I had enabled pf as lkm on 4.0STABLE and 5.0BETA (later i've compiled
into GENERIC), but on another machine I have pf compiled in CURRENT
(since 4.99.10 or so) in GENERIC with ipfilter and it generally works.
But I'm not using ipfilter and have only rules for pf.

Daniel Horecki