Re: Please read if you use x86 -current

On Wed Nov 12 2008 at 21:37:40 +0100, Adam Hamsik wrote:
> >Do you plan to move away further core kernel modules, like UVM or
> >VFS ?
>
> What do you mean with this ? Both UVM and VFS are core kernel parts
> and they
> can't be moved away, but POSIX semaphores are not core kernel part and
> can be
> modularized easily.

And actually, now that I come to think of it, I have a tree from about
a month ago where vfs is pretty much isolated.  I say "pretty much",
since it's fairly deep everywhere in the kernel.  For people familiar
with the networking stack, I think the routing code is an appropriate
analogy to vfs for the rest of the kernel ;)