[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index][Old Index]
initial xorg problems
I just upgraded my workstation from 4.99.72 with XFree86 to 5.0_BETA with
native X.org. A few initial problems I noted:
(I moved away /usr/X11R6, and tried the following both with my old /etc/X11
config tree and a fresh one extracted from xetc.tgz)
- /etc/rc.d/xdm still invokes /usr/X11R6/bin/xdm. Perhaps this file (and
/etc.rc.d/xfs) should be moved to the xetc set instead?
- /usr/X11R7/man manpages are not in the default search path.
- xdm doesn't invoke my .xsession after login, I just get a single xterm.
xinit and startx work properly though and start my usual session.
- with an UTF-8 locale (LC_CTYPE=nl_BE.UTF-8 or en_US.UTF-8), when I start
an xterm it prints "Failed to open input method", and then takes another
3 seconds to show the xterm window. With LC_CTYPE unset, xterm starts
- long key presses don't repeat the key's input anymore, I have to press a
key multiple times instead.
The first two are easy to fix, but for the latter three, I don't know what
causes them. They always worked fine with native XF86 on the same box.
Main Index |
Thread Index |