[OT] Re: What netbook to you run NetBSD on? (-> netbook.xml)

On Tuesday 21 October 2008 01:24:02 Hubert Feyrer wrote:
> we currently list the Asus EeePC 701 and 90x as supported[1], and I
> wonder if we should extend the list to include more manuracturers and
> models. Thus the question: on what netbook to you run NetBSD, and how well
> does it run? What I have in mind is a new page like [2], which lists
> several models, what NetBSD release each component supported in, and maybe
> any further infos, if needed.

I hadn't realised the 901 was classed as supported. I have one I've been using
as an ad-hoc media centre but windows really sucks and the quality of support
for various dvb usb sticks is really bad. On linux I've found even the most
flakey devices seem to run acceptably.

What is the current state within netbsd for multiple displays, dri, dvb
support etc? Anyone pushing all these features on theirs?

My first instinct was to throw linux on it as I only really use netbsd in
server environments these days but netbsd has always been my preference.

Any information appreciated. It's highly likely I'll start the install anyway
but if there's going to be a show stopper, let me know :)

Thanks,

Sarton