Re: NetBSD/amd64 boot fails inside VMware ESXi

Martti Kuparinen wrote:

I'm trying to install NetBSD/amd64 4.99.72 inside VMware ESXi but as soon as the kernel starts to load after showing boot.cfg, the virtual machine reboots. No error or anything on the console.

I found the reason for this, I had "Support VMI Paravirtualization" enabled for the virtual machine. I disabled it and now my NetBSD/amd64 4.99.72 works just fine...

Martti