Re: New i2c driver available - dBCool Environmental Controllers

On Sun, Sep 14, 2008 at 08:31:34PM -0700, Paul Goyette wrote:
> Testers wanted / needed!
>
> I've just completed a first version of a single dbcool driver to manage
> the entire family of ON Semiconductor dBCool controllers.  (This product
> line was acquired by On Semi from Analog Devices at the end of 2007.)
> The driver supports the following chips:  ADT7463, ADT7467, ADT7468,
> ADT7473, ADT7473-1, ADT7475, ADT7476, and ADM1027.  It also supports the
> ADT7466 despite it having a completely different register map.
[...]
> I'd really like some folks to test this driver, especially if you have
> sensors other than the ADT7475.  Also, some of these chips are found on
> non-x86 platforms (some MacBooks?);  it would be really great if someone
> with one of those machines could test.

I do have an ADT7463 on a dual Opteron workstation, which seems to
work fine.

amdpm0 at pci0 dev 7 function 3: Advanced Micro Devices AMD8111 ACPI Controller
(rev. 0x 05)
iic0 at amdpm0: I2C bus
dbcool0 at iic0 addr 0x2e dBCool(tm) Controller
dbcool0:  ADT7463 rev 10

And sensors values are similar to the ones reported by the adt7463c
driver:

njoly@lanfeust [~]> envstat -d dbcool0
                 Current  CritMax  CritMin  CritCap     Unit
  local temp:     45.750                                degC
remote1 temp:     48.250                                degC
remote2 temp:     49.000                                degC
        Vccp:      1.309                                   V
         Vcc:      3.321                                   V
        V2.5:      2.610                                   V
          V5:      5.039                                   V
         V12:     11.953                                   V
        fan1: 4294967295                                 RPM
        fan2: 4294967295                                 RPM
        fan3:       2678                                 RPM
        fan4:       2645                                 RPM

Thanks for working on this.

--
Nicolas Joly

Biological Software and Databanks.