trying X11R7? the build.sh obj/ disc-costs are high...

not a whinge, just an observation for the unwary:

if you use the new X11R7 reachover build, you acquire a LOT of extra obj/ overhead, and the xsrc tree itself is also now very large.

I live in a 5Gb parallels disk, which used to be ok for the build cycle but it looks to max out now unless I trim my runtime pkg/pkgsrc footprint.

If somebody semi-official has time, could they maybe document the on- disk costs to make stuff and have obj/ dir held around? It helps with capacity planning.

(I think I trimmed my disk image way too small. if I was starting again I'd use more like 7-10Gb)

-George