Re: iwn0 driver: status

Hi again Brett.

Brett Lymn wrote:
On Mon, Jul 28, 2008 at 11:16:19PM +0200, Marcin M. Jessa wrote:
The system reboots immediately when I start a torrent client and try to download something.

How odd - I have done some reasonably heavy traffic on mine (ftp'ing
an iso across the link) and not seen that.

This is happening again and very frequently. The easiest way to trigger crashes is to try to download a torrent. But it also happens when surfing web sites or checking email (intensive network activity). Very randomly but very often, to the degree when the system gets unusable because of the never ending crashes.

This is what gets written to console after system crash:

fatal page fault in supervisor mode
trap type 6 code eip c03f8856 cs 8 eflags 210282cr2 4 ilevel 6
panic: trap
syncing disks... iwn0: device timeout

I'm on x86, NetBSD 4.99.72 compiled Tue Sep 2 22:46:32 CEST 2008

Marcin