Re: BNX Double Buffer Allocation

On Fri, Aug 29, 2008 at 11:45:50PM +0200, Manuel Bouyer wrote:
> > is there any way to find out how many buffers each connection is using?
> > a combination of netstat -a and -m?
>
> netstat -a; size of both queues. A mbuf cluster is 2k, so the number
> of mbcl is easy to find ...

# netstat -m
1870 mbufs in use:
        1869 mbufs allocated to data
        1 mbufs allocated to packet headers
0 calls to protocol drain routines

netstat -a shows nothing on the queues.

I assume NAT and firewall state also allocate mbufs?  how do I track
them down?

> > this is all still assuming it is an mbuf issue and something else.
> > I still don't know what else draws from mclpool.
>
> Almost anything that needs to store data in mbufs.

mbufs are the only data structures allocated out of mclpool?

--
  Aaron J. Grier | "Not your ordinary poofy goof." |
agrier%poofygoof.com@localhost