Re: HEADS UP: certain apps broken between 2008/08/25 and 2008/08/27

On Wed, Aug 27, 2008 at 11:39:44AM +1000, Luke Mewburn wrote:

> In the specific case of usr.sbin/ntp/*, this meant that usr.sbin/bind 's
> /usr/lib/libisc*.a was used in preference to usr.sbin/ntp/libisc/libisc.a,
> and due to minor ABI differences, caused a run-time failure.
>
> Kudos to Valeriy E. Ushakov <uwe%NetBSD.org@localhost> for highlighting
> the problem to me, and also for identifying the ABI mismatch
> between the installed usr.sbin/bind/libisc and the "private"
> usr.sbin/ntp/libisc

Can we cause them to have the same ABI?  It would be nice to lose the
second copy of libisc even if we have to whack at one of them to do it
(yes, I'm voluntering to do the whacking if someone describes it to me
in sufficient detail).

Thor