Re: kernel/cpuctl: AMD power features lost?

Paul Goyette wrote:
On Sun, 24 Aug 2008, Thomas Klausner wrote:

On Fri, May 30, 2008 at 07:08:06AM -0700, Paul Goyette wrote:
On Fri, 30 May 2008, Thomas Klausner wrote:

Something was lost here :)
Not sure if the page colors are interesting, but it'd be good to have
the power management features back.

The power management features are broken due to a problem with the
bitmask_snprintf() buffer. Apply the attached patch (I've submitted this
as part of a much larger patch to cpuctl in PR bin/38722)

Are you going to commit this or is there a problem with this patch?

Actually, I think this PR was addressed a while ago when Christos checked in some related changes for a number of cpuctl-related PRs. The fix for this particular problem was originally provided by me in PR/38723 (NOT 38722) and committed by christos@ in rev 1.6 of src/usr.sbin/cpuctl/arch/i386.c

Is there still something not working (or not working correctly) in this area? If still broken I'll be more than happy to follow up.

Yes. The ci_feature_flags merges the feature bits of several cpuid
levels. The bits have two meanings. For example, it is indistinguishable if the CPU has SSE2 or if they have 1GB page size support.

Christoph