Re: Compiling the current source code

2008/8/4 Alan Barrett <>:
> On Mon, 04 Aug 2008, Jeremy C. Reed wrote:
>> Is there a reason why an obj directory isn't created automatically
>> like a destdir and tooldir and other directories are created
>> automatically?
> As far as I know, it is supposed to be created automatically, and it
> is certainly created automatically when I use  I wasn't
> consciously aware of the problem until your message, but it's probably
> not too difficult to fix.
> --apb (Alan Barrett)

After your changes to in rev. 1.191 of Aug 5th it appears
that it is now mandatory to use -O or -M with Before this
change I used without specifying -O or -M (my typical use is
a plain and sometimes somewhat dangerous 'sh -u -E build).

I feel much more comfortable having set the paths to the source and
object directories in /etc/mk.conf rather than specifying them in each
call to

The part of my /etc/mk.conf that is not related to pkgsrc is:

# Generate object files in machine dependent locations

# X11

My question really is whether it is intentional that using BSDOBJDIR
and BSDSRCDIR in /etc/mk.conf has stopped working ?

- Erik