Re: versioned files in DESTDIR breaking build

On Wed, 9 Jul 2008, Greg Troxel wrote:

I do update builds usually, and occasionally have to remove stale files.
But, it seems like every week I have the following problem, and I wonder
if it should be part of to clean this out.  Or perhaps, to have
update not clean the obj dirs but always use a fresh destdir.

=======  16 extra files in DESTDIR  =========
Files in DESTDIR but missing from flist.
File is obsolete or flist is out of date ?
=========  end of 16 extra files  ===========

You get this every time NetBSD-current bumps the verison number!

When we move to 4.99.68, you'll have an old 4.99.67 directory that will need cleaning.

|   Paul Goyette   | PGP DSS Key fingerprint: |  E-mail addresses:   |
| Customer Service | FA29 0E3B 35AF E8AE 6651 |   |
| Network Engineer | 0786 F758 55DE 53BA 7731 | |