Re: cardbus reads from not exist function

[catch master abort in cardbus probe]
jakllsch%kollasch.net@localhost said:
> I think something like that got committed a few days ago,

Yes, with some minor beautification, symbolic constants
and so.

> it works now

good...

> Though the machine hard-hangs when i remove
> that dual-function card, I'm not sure if this is a regression
> though.

It is unlikely to be related to the probe change, but there
was the device/softc split shortly before which could have
introduced a bug. At a first glance, I don't see a mistake
in cardbus_detach_card()/cardbus_childdetached(), in particular
nothing which could explain why multifunction cards could
cause worse behaviour than singlefunctions.
Could tou try a kernel with CARDBUS_DEBUG, or place some
printfs into the two functions mentioned, to find out where
the hang happens?

best regards
Matthias

Forschungszentrum Juelich GmbH
52425 Juelich

Sitz der Gesellschaft: Juelich
Dr. Ulrich Krafft (stellv. Vorsitzender), Prof. Dr. Harald Bolt,
Dr. Sebastian M. Schmidt