Re: Testers needed - sdtemp on-DIMM memory temperature sensor driver

On Mon, 7 Jul 2008, Geoff Wing wrote:

On Friday 2008-06-20 13:23 -0700, Paul Goyette output:
: If anyone out there has a system with DDR3 memory, you almost certainly
: have a temperature sensor on the DIMM, probably integrated with the SPD
: EEPROM.  (Some DDR2 FB-DIMMs and SO-DIMMs might also have this sensor.)
: I've written a driver to integrate this sensor with NetBSD's envstat(8)
: system, and would like to have some folks test it out.  If you're up for
: the experiment, you can download a GENERIC kernel with the new driver
[...]

Nothing shows up on one of mine.  Neither in dmesg nor envstat.

MB: ASUS PK3 Deluxe
RAM: 2GB Corsair DDR3-1333 stuff.  Don't have the model # handy.

Interesting. Do you have an I2C bus on the system? If you do, the spd ROM should be accessible, and that GENERIC kernel should show both the old spdmem driver(s) as well as the sdtemp.

If you have the complete dmesg, it would be appreciated.

|   Paul Goyette   | PGP DSS Key fingerprint: |  E-mail addresses:   |
| Customer Service | FA29 0E3B 35AF E8AE 6651 |  paul%whooppee.com@localhost   |
| Network Engineer | 0786 F758 55DE 53BA 7731 | pgoyette%juniper.net@localhost |