Re: panic: bnx0 Double mbuf allocation failure!

On Tue, Jul 01, 2008 at 11:21:39PM +0200, Christoph Egger wrote:
[...]
>> bnx(4) doesn't use a private pool.  If the MTU is "normal", it uses
>> MCLGET(9), which is fine.  In the other case, it uses MEXTMALLOC(9),
>> which actually doesn't seem very suitable for DMA operation, so I would
>> expect issues because of that, but it's definitely not the same issue as
>> in msk(4).
>
> OpenBSD uses MCLGET(9) unconditionally in bnx(4). Should we do that, too?

If we do configure the hw to split jumbo frames across several mbufs,
then we could, otherwise, no.  It's certainly possible to configure the
hw to do that;  but it's not like we have proper documentation for that
hardware so we have to read the freebsd driver carefully first.

--
Quentin Garnier - cube%cubidou.net@localhost - cube%NetBSD.org@localhost