Re: panic: bnx0 Double mbuf allocation failure!

Viktor Holmlund <viktor <at>> writes:

> Hi,
> I have problems wih my Dell PE 2950 (Perc 5/i) (FROST). The machine runs
> exclusively database (mysql and postgresql) and after some days in
> operation the machine turns into "panic-mode" and complains over "panic:
> bnx0 Double mbuf allocation failure!". Previous the machine was running
> NetBSD 4.0_BETA2 wihout any problems, but after we installed two
> harddrives and upgraded the system to NetBSD 4.0_STABLE it has been more
> unstable. I have tested to increase nmbclusters in the kernel, and
> downgraded in revision for if_bnx.c to without any changes at all.
> The best uptime I've got was 25 days, then it went into panic-mode again.

We did a desperate upgrade to CURRENT in hope that this would fix the problem ;)
The machine became much faster but as soon as we put some load on, it panics but
still responds to ping. There is nothing in the logs after a power cycle.

Is there anything we can do to help troubleshoot this, would a DEBUG-kernel
help? We can supply ssh access if that would make it easier.

The load that causes this is a MySQL import over the network, a lot of CPU, disk
access and nfs. The machine panics after 30-60 minutes into the import.

NetBSD 4.99.67

The only thing the logs says is
nfs.server:/storage/vol1/export: inaccurate wcc data (ctime) detected, disabling
wcc (ctime 1214902261.000000000 1214902261.000000000, mtime 1214902261.000000000
But that is when I mount the volume.

Fredrik Carlsson