Re: Eee PC, black screen after sleep

On Tue, 24 Jun 2008, Joel CARNAT wrote:
Running 4.99.64 (GENERIC modified by sysutils/adjustkernel, plus ath0
patches and DRM enabled), my Eee PC 900 keeps a black console when coming
back from sleep. It is not frozen (I can blindly use 'sudo reboot').

I have tried "machdep.acpi_vbios_reset = 1" and "machdep.acpi_vbios_reset
= 0": same issue.

I have tried "machdep.acpi_beep_on_reset = 0": I don't hear a beep.

I have blindly tried "vbetool post": screen keeps black.

Running GENERIC does not allow entering sleep state because "Devices
without power management support: ath0".

Thoughts ?
Remarks ?

Hi Joel --

You need to have Xorg running when you go to sleep as on the EeePC 701, keep acpi_vbios_reset set to 1. This has been tested with xf86-video-intel-2.1.1 and newer.

Cheers,
Jared